Ann Arbor Road Scholars

Running in, around, and away from Ann Arbor.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Houston's mizuno rep

I was trying to get work done in a coffee shop this morning. Enjoyed my latte, but got little work done so I skeedaddled. What does this have to do with running? I was distracted by the cell phone conversation next to me. The guy works at the running store across the street (where we got our baby jogger) and was on the phone w/ a bud. Was telling his buddy all about the new mizuno rep in the area. I learned that Matt is 27, single but with a girlfriend. Originally from Peoria, has worked for mizuno for 6 years. Was a runner in high school. A talented runner. And on and on. Matt sounds like a hottie, makes me wonder if Mizuno picks their reps based on looks? We obviously know the AA mizuno rep is a hottie. Wonder if it is just male hotties? with n=2 (and one hottie purely by description, not by visual confirmation) more research needs to be done. My hunch is it is just male hotties they are looking for. Moral of the story? I should be working on my dissertation while in the coffee shop, not spying on phone conversations, since my chances of becoming a mizuno rep are slim based on my gender alone.

Also should report that my running has slowed to a very slow jog interspersed with mostly speed walking. Bill has to jog to keep up, which is inspiring. Running days are gone for a while for this gal. I'm shooting for August 1, able to run 3 miles w/o collapsing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home