Ann Arbor Road Scholars

Running in, around, and away from Ann Arbor.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Um, it's effing hot.

Inspired by p-loop's ambitious endeavor and also being a little scared about what awaits me on Sunday at the crack of 8:20 a.m., I went for a run this morning. After many great runs this spring, I would often say to my running partner (err, that's you p), "This is the kind of day that makes you glad to be alive" since the weather was just right, not too hot or humid but the sun was still shining, you were out and getting exercise, etc. etc.

This morning though? Mmmm, not so much. My appreciative thoughts were more along the lines of, "It makes me glad I'll be in air-conditioned bliss as soon as I'm done". It's hot and muggy making it a bit stifling to run, or rather try to run, especially when you're barely making it a once a week event. I ended up walking parts of it because I was so out of it. I know K has been feeling the heat down in Houston for awhile already but for those of us still in Ann Arbor, this seems like the really 1st hot day of the year...ugh. So glad I'll just be running the 5K on Sunday!

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger p-funk said...

i'm impressed that you went out there in this weather!! go ap!

here are some tips to beat the heat

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger km said...

Wow, I can't believe it is already the Dexter-Ann Arbor run on Sunday?!? that is crazy. You mean only a year ago I sweat my ass off and barely pulled off a 10K? It was effing hot that day, too. Good choice on the 5K. Good luck w/ the 10K, p-loop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home