Ann Arbor Road Scholars

Running in, around, and away from Ann Arbor.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

i won the race!

ha - got your attention? no silly, i didn't really win the race. everyone is a winner for just finishing, right?the 5k race this morning was ok, much better than last year in terms of weather but still very humid. the humidity, combined with the large cup of coffee i gulped down beforehand made me feel a wee bit nauseous. plus, my right t*t was all itchy due to some weird insect that attacked me, dr. apoz, and ec at dominick's the other night (so my mosquito bites have mosquito bites). although i ended up walking for about 10 seconds i still managed to log my pb.

throughout the run i kept thinking to myself, "self, how will i ever get through a marathon? will these new shoes that i laboriously picked out in seattle carry me to my goal? why am i paying a over a dollar a minute to run today? will refueling at northside grill provide the necessary nutrients to help me recover from my runs? why aren't there any fireworks in ann arbor? where are all the other aars?"

the answers are: um, no effing clue. maybe, until i find a better pair which may require another trip to seattle. inexplicable. yes! because throwing a "parade" is cheaper. all doing something much more relaxing...

happy 4th!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger km said...

so your pb has a pb? Great job w/ all those pb's p-loop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home