Ann Arbor Road Scholars

Running in, around, and away from Ann Arbor.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

i won the race - part deux

this time it's true. i won, i won! third place. in my age group. and half the field missed the turn around and ran an additional mile. no matter- i still got to take home the trophy!

somewhat surprisingly, i ran the exact same pace as i did at the crim. i figured since this course was a bit flatter and the weather being a bit cooler, that i might run a little faster. plus, i had motivation to run faster to assert my sheer dominance over certain faculty members running the race. yes, beating people my parent's age makes me feel good about myself.

the other race i'm participating, i.e. the race to finish my dissertation in 10 days is not going as smoothly. that's when payback's a b*tch.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger apoz said...

holy crap! that name change did wonders!! go p go!

i unfortunately relate 100% w/ your goal of crushing the other competitiors...i fondly remember my glory days, back when i actually ran, and did everything in my power to make the burns park elementary crew eat my dust. glad you're concentrating on the other end of the age spectrum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home