Ann Arbor Road Scholars

Running in, around, and away from Ann Arbor.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

a little inspiration

My previous running partner (sorry ladies, you weren't the 1st...but in my condition, you very well might be the last) sent me this nice little article about the CRIM that some of us are planning on running at the end of August. She had nothing but raves about the race, and now the penguin confirms it (hmmm...if we went by the animal that we most resemble when we run...) - we GOTTA run it!

All this time I thought (I must have read it somewhere because I wouldn't have thought of it) CRIM was an acronym for Coolest Race In Michigan. But lo and behold: "The race is named for Bobby Crim, who created the 10-mile race in 1977 to benefit the Special Olympics. Now 74, the former Michigan State Speaker of the House is still there, still a part of the festivities, and still signing T-shirts."

I traded my Lloyd Carr autographed AA-Dexter race shirt with ann arbor, and although I appreciate the much better fit (note to self: stick with size "M"), I miss Lloyd's loving words (not to mention having to abandon my "sell it on Ebay and retire early" plan). So now I can ask Bobby to personalize my CRIM shirt. Sah-weet.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger apoz said...

A little p.s. - As if we needed any confirmation of how cool it is to have a running blog via blogger.com - I just found out that the penguin's blog is also on blogspot: http://penguintimes.blogspot.com/

And we even started at essentially the same time (penguin started on June 14th vs. p-loop's inaugral post on June 20th). Sigh. It's not easy being trendsetters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home